Welcome Back to School!
We miss our Southwest students and families! We know you are eager to get all of the details to prepare for the upcoming school year. Below is the information you will need to get started. We hope to get our class rosters finalized the week of August 10th.
Master Schedule for Online Learning
- Yes … there are similarities to the Ignite! Academy schedule including Wellness Wednesday, which is still protected across the district.
- Core instruction will be provided for four days (M, T, TH, F) in 45 minute blocks.
- Although our literacy and math blocks are significantly shorter than a regular school day, there are two blocks designated for small group instruction and intervention/check in. These are not core specific and can be used to support students in either literacy or math.
- Specials will be provided through an A/B week schedule. The number of groups/classes may vary per grade level, but students will have the opportunity to participate in most specials every two weeks.
We will be providing Chromebooks for students the week of August 10th. Students will be able to utilize the devices at home for Plan C and at school if we return to Plan B. See the schedule below for assigned days and groups of students. Days are assigned to groups to limit the amount of wait time experienced. Families will remain in cars and drive through the bus parking lot in a circular fashion similar to car pool. Once you reach a station, staff members will get the information needed and assign the device through the DPS One to One Plus Inventory System. (NOTE: Families will have to review and sign a Student Technology Responsible Use Policy Agreement and Acknowledgement form to receive the device. We plan to send this out in advance through Class Dojo to help families who may want to read this in advance.)
Assigned Groups by Last Name Day Times
- Families with Student Last Names A – D:
Monday, August 10th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Families with Student Last Names E – K:
Tuesday, August 11th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Families with Student Last Names L – Q:
Wednesday, August 12th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Families with Student Last Names R – Z:
Thursday, August 13th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm