Southwest Sustainers Society
The Southwest Sustainers Society was created to fund special projects for teachers and staff at Southwest Elementary. All gifts are tax-deductible. Have a question about the Southwest Sustainers and learn more? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restorative Practice Center
- Soccer Goal and Nets
- Garden Projects
- Words Their Way Learning Activities
- STEM Kits
- Futsal (for the P.E. classes)
- Walking Classroom (for 3rd grade)
- Classroom Library Updates
- Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing
- Educational Workshops for Teachers
- Color Printer and Ink for EC Teacher
- Updated Technology for ALL of Southwest!
- Genetics Projects for Fifth Graders
- Caps and Gowns for Kindergarten Graduation
- 25 Individual Robot Kits (3rd grade class)
- Break Room (for the kids when they need a moment to re-group)
- Funding for the Lion King Musical
- Classroom Literacy Centers
- Starfall Subscription for the Entire School
- Books and Reading Materials (from the we are anti-racism recommended reading list)
- Fashion Club Materials
- Field Trip Substitutes for the Specials Teachers
- Math Vocab Boxes (4th grade)
Frequently Asked Questions
What will the funds go towards?
The funds would be split as follows: 75% would go into a teacher/staff special projects fund, similar to Donors Choose. Teachers and staff could write mini-grants to request funds for special classroom materials and equipment, field trips, guest speakers/in-class programs, school facility improvements, etc. – as long as it enhances the educational mission and/or facility quality of the school.
The other 25% would go to a technology maintenance fund, paying to keep our growing stock of computers, tablets, smart boards, and other equipment well-maintained and fully-functional. The funds could be used for things like replacement power supplies and cords, light bulbs for the smart board projectors, software and software upgrades, and needed hardware repairs, individual unit replacements, and hardware upgrades. Buying new tech equipment is great, but we also need funds to keep it all working year after year.
How will the Sustainer Society work?
There is a committee of Sustainers that is formed each year to allocate the funds on a regular basis (and review teacher/staff proposals, technology needs). The committee is in charge of transparently tracking and reporting the incoming funds, making sure thank-you letters get sent to new sustainer members, and recording success stories/highlights as the funds are spent. This committee is chosen by the SSS coordinator.
Can businesses contribute to the Southwest Seahawk Sustainer Society?
YES! Companies are welcome to donate regularly to the Southwest Seakhawk Sustainer Society.
Are donations to the Southwest Seahawk Sustainer tax deductible?
Yes. The SWE PTA is a recognized 501(c)3 organization. Receipts will be sent annually, in January, for tax purposes.
Can I cancel my recurring payment?
Yes. You can cancel your monthly payments at any time. To do so, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the “My Pre-Approved Payments” page”. There will be an option to cancel any of your pre-approved payments.